AIRPORT- SIGIRIYA-HABARANA-POLONNARUWA-HABARANA- KANDY-NUWARA ELIYA-BENTOTA-AIRPORT
Tour Day- 01
- A pleasant welcome to the Island of Sri Lanka through the Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Proceed to Cultural triangle Habarana 180km 3.30hrs
- En route Visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress
– A UNESCO World Heritage site in Srilanka’s which one of major attractions within the country is.
– Sigiriya is a unique combination of fifth century urban planning, landscaping, Hydraulic management, engineering, architecture, painting, sculpture and poetry.
- Check into hotel.
- Overnight at Habarana (Hotel to be decided according to the guest’s personal interest)
Tour Day- 02
- City tour in Polonnaruwa 46km 0.55hrs
– Polonnaruwa was the 2nd Capital of Srilanka, the sightseeing include
– The Museum of Polonnaruwa
– Kings Palace, Council chamber, Royal Bath
– Shiva Devalaya (Hindu Temple)
– Atadage, Vatadage, Hetadage (the tooth relic temples of Polonnaruwa
– Galviharaya (Northern Monastery
– Kiri vehera
- Evening Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
Tour Day 03
- After the Breakfast and leave to Kandy. 95km 2.20hrs
En route visit Dambulla Rock Cave Temple.
– Dambulla Rock cave Temple is a UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE in Srilanka. The history of the temple dates back to 3rd Century BC. In the 1st century BC major five caves had been converted to beautiful interior carved temple. The caves consist of Buddha statues, statues of gods, statues of kings and as well as Bodhisattva. And the temple features 20000 of squre feet of ceiling paintings which is the largest south Asia.
- Rest of the day at leisure
Overnight at Kandy (Hotel to be decided according to the guest’s personal interest)
Tour Day 04
- City tour in Kandy
– Local Market
– Tooth relic temple
– Cultural show
– War Cemetery
– Peradeniya Botanical Garden (Optional)
- Overnight at Kandy (Hotel to be decided according to the guest’s personal interest)
Tour Day 05
- After breakfast leave to Nuwara Eliya 77km 2.30hrs
– Via Ramboda where you could view the famous RAMBODS FALLS. Then visit to a Tea Plantation & Factory. Here you can get the experience of how to is being made and can enjoy the pure cup of Ceylon Tea- Nuwara Eliya is a famous city located in Central Highlands with elevation of 1900 Meters from the Sea level. The marvelous atmosphere, surrounded by tea plantations, waterfalls and breath taking views from the high elevation attracts local tourists and as well as tourists around the globe. Due to its high elevation Nuwara Eliya has subtropical highland climate, with a mean annual temperature of 16C. The recorded low temperature is -2.6 in January and December.
– During the British colonial period, this is where the colonial officers spend their time for recreational works. If one’s visit Nuwara Eliya he can be observed British style Buildings
– Still its Known as “little England”.
- Check in to hotel
Overnight at Nuwara Eliya (Hotel to be decided according to the guest’s personal interest)
Tour Day 06
- After breakfast Leave to Bentota 185KM 4.30hrs
- En route Do White water rafting at Kitulgala (Optional)
- Check in to the Hotel
Overnight at Bentota (Hotel to be decided according to the guest’s personal interest)
Tour Day 07
- Spend day at leisure in the beach
- Overnight at Bentota (Hotel to be decided according to the guest’s personal interest)
Tour Day 08
- After checkout Proceed to Bandaranaike international airport.110km 1.50hrs